Healthy Tasmania | We were built to adapt
Lucky, because that’s what we’re all having to do during COVID-19 and it can be scary.
At Healthy Tasmania we have always been focussed on bringing people together to solve community problems, so we can all stay connected and be as healthy as we can be. Yep, we’ve got a big job ahead of us right now, eh?
We can't do everything like we used to, so we’re changing, and will keep changing daily and trying new things so that our people, and your people, can be distanced but not disconnected.
Here are some of the ways we've adapted so far during COVID-19
- Join in with (and have a laugh at) our #kitchensession that we recorded when the COVID-19 restrictions first began in March. You can find the videos here
- We've already moved many of our community and workplace health and wellbeing programs online. Some of our community partners offer FREE Facebook live health and wellbeing sessions that you can access no matter where you live. Check out the Active Launceston and Healthy George Town Facebook pages to join in.
- We teamed up with the George Town Council to create a special COVID-19 season of our Health Speak podcast. You'll hear from some of those people and support services who are doing it really tough right now, to find some practical, simple ways that we can all help, from our home. You'll come away feeling helpful, rather than helpless. You can listen to it here
- We are excited to be working with one of our community partners to develop some online sessions to keep you Mentally Well. All the details will be coming soon.
- We've created Street Shuffle! Don't be surprised if we turn up in your street and get you moving.
We are problems solvers. We are health and wellbeing promoters. We are storytellers and storymakers. We are project managers. We are innovators. We are doers.
We help people understand why their health matters; we need this now, more than ever.
You'll find a big list of ways we can help via this big button, or let's create something new together and keep your people safe, connected and healthy.
WHAT WE DO
Need a quick link?
Community health and wellbeing programs
Active Launceston website
Healthy George Town website
Healthy Hobart website
Mentally Well online
Street Shuffle - Ravenswood, South Launceston and Rocherlea
Health Speak podcast
You can listen to our special COVID-19 season of our podcast Health Speak here.
If you'd like to register to attend one of our programs (virtual or otherwise) click here.
Alternatively, if you'd like to download the instructions and register via our easy to use phone app, I'm in by Healthy Tasmania, click here.
Work with us
If you'd like to register your interest to be part of our Register of Brilliant People, click here.
St.LukesHealth Tasmanian Health Report
Find out what the big health issues are for young Tasmanians (25 to 34 year-olds) and what that might mean for the future of our health system. You can find out more about the report and download the report here.
NOTE: This report was compiled pre-COVID19